The International Conference on Smart Urban Mobility Services (SUMS 2015) will take place in Toronto, Canada, on October 13–14, 2015 and will be co-located within the SmartCity360 Summit.
The technologies of smart and sustainable cities are expected to have a large impact on the efficiency, safety and sustainability of next-generation cities. ICT investments for Smart cities are estimated at $100 Billion by 2020 with interest from companies such as IBM, and Intel. This conference will focus on the smart transportation aspects of smart cities. Specifically, the conference will focus on the management of ICT transportation services provisioned to residents, the management of transportation infrastructure systems and the control of municipal transportation business processes.
Urban Computing and Smart City:
- Management of Urban Dynamics;
- Smart management of Demand side and supply sides of Transportation;
- Human Mobility Modeling and Mining;
- Security and Privacy of ICT in Transportation Systems;
- Public Safety for Smarter evacuation and Disaster management;
- Coordination, collaboration between Smart Transportation and other Infrastructure subsystems in a Smart City;
- Smart Transportation and Urban Economy.
Smart Transportation Mobility Services:
- Intelligent and Context aware Systems and services;
- Cyber-physical and Service-Oriented Transportation Architectures and systems;
- Semantic sensing for Urban information gathering;
- Modeling and simulation of large scale IoT/M2M scenarios in Transportation;
- Big Data in Ubiquitous Transportation Systems;
- Nature inspired Intelligent Transportation Systems such as Swarm Intelligence and Agents based Architectures;
- Representation and Reasoning of and about Transportation Knowledge.
Intelligent Socio-culturally aware Transportation:
- Human-centric and crowd Sensing;
- Social Computing for Transportation Sciences;
- Location Based Social Networks for Situation awareness;
- Recommendation Systems for Ubiquitous Transportation;
- Collaborative behavior management Using social sciences.
Future and Sustainable Transportation:
- Smart urban electric cars;
- Smart and Wearable Devices and Embedded Software Agents;
- Virtual Augmented Reality applications in Transportation;
- Drone based Solutions.
Accepted papers will be published in the SUMS 2015 Conference Proceedings and by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes of ICST (LNICST). The proceedings will be available both in book form and via SpringerLink digital library, which is one of the largest digital libraries online and covers a variety of scientific disciplines.
The proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Paper submission deadline: May 31st 2015
Acceptance Notification: July 15th 2015
Camera-ready deadline: August 15th 2015
Find more details here.