Urb-IoT 2016, the 2nd edition of the EAI International Conference on IoT in Urban Space, will be held in Tokyo, Japan on May 24-25, 2016.
Urb-IoT 2016 welcomes contributions on the following topics of interest:
– Citizen Awareness and Engagement: Methods and studies for citizen involvement through participatory sensing or crowd-sourcing for urban tasks, as well as behavioural change of the citizen through awareness.
– Urban Analytics: Understanding the massive digital traces created by IoT in the urban landscape through big data analytics.
– IoT Applications and Services in Urban Context: Urban technologies and applications that challenge the state of the art and benefit citizens, decision and policy makers, and urban planners.
- Monitoring the pulse of the city;
- Fusion of heterogeneous urban sources;
- Understanding urban data using machine learning and mining techniques;
- Visual analytics of urban data;
- City as a platform;
- Participatory and crowd sourcing techniques;
- Incentification and gamification;
- Citizen and crowd influence and behavioural change;
- Data-driven urban planning and design;
- Crowd behaviour capturing and modelling;
- Urban mobility and intelligent transportation systems;
- Smart cities;
- Real time urban information systems;
- Context awareness in urban systems;
- Privacy and data protection.
All presented papers will be published in the proceedings of the conference. The authors of the Best Papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their work through the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Internet of Things. Accepted papers will be published in the Urb-IoT Conference Proceedings and by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes of ICST (LNICST). The proceedings will be available both in book form and via the SpringerLink digital library, which is one of the largest digital libraries online and covers a variety of scientific disciplines.
Full Papers Submission Deadline: February 7th, 2016
Acceptance Notification Deadline: March 7th, 2016
Camera-ready Deadline: March 21st, 2016
For more information, visit the official website of the conference!