The 9th International Conference on Simulation Tools and Techniques (SIMUTools 2016) will take place in Prague, Czech Republic on August 22–24, 2016.
The conference focuses on a broad range of research challenges in the field of simulation, modelling and analysis, addressing current and future trends in simulation techniques, models, practices and software. The conference is dedicated to fostering interdisciplinary collaborative research in these areas and across a wide spectrum of application domains.
Building on the success of the previous eight editions (2008-2015), this year’s edition will provide an exciting forum for interaction among academic and industry researchers together with practitioners from both the simulation community and the different user communities.
This editions’ general topics of interest include:
- Simulation methods: discrete event, parallel and distributed simulation, time synchronization, load balancing and migration, model partitioning, hybrid simulation, simulation-interoperation, multi-resolution and multi-scale simulation;
- Simulation techniques: service-oriented, agent-based, web-based, component-based, symbiotic simulation;
- Simulation software: environments, tools, libraries, and frameworks;
- Simulation performance: GPU-based simulation, simulation in the cloud, scalability, performance analysis;
- Modeling formalisms: DEVS, Petri Nets, process algebras, state charts, and others;
- Simulation verification, validation, accreditation, and analysis: benchmark models, simulation-based verification, workflows, simulation experiment design, and optimization;
- Simulation packages: widely used frameworks such as Modelica, ns-2/3, OPNET, Qualnet, OMNET++, and other open source software for modeling and simulation.
SIMUTools 2016 invites submissions on the topics above in all application areas of simulation. Submissions in interdisciplinary areas are especially encouraged (e.g. Smart Cities, Health, Environment, Societal Challenges, Digital Humanities, Security, IT Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Business). Best papers will be invited to publish also in the EAI Transactions Industrial Networks and Intelligent Systems.
Full Paper Submission Deadline: 1st April, 2016
Notification Deadline: 1st June, 2016
Camera-ready Deadline: 1st July, 2016
If you want to know more about SIMUTools 2016, visit the conference official website.