The 2nd EAI International Conference on Design, Learning & Innovation (DLI 2017) will take place in Heraklion, Greece on 30-31 October 2017.
Today, challenges in the fields of design, learning, and innovation are often approached by trans-disciplinary teams and solutions. These tools, technologies, methods, and theories are developed for other purposes to be utilized in unlocking new frameworks for understanding these fields and thereby opening up to partnerships that can enrich learning in formal and informal learning practices. DLI 2017 intends to foster such dynamics by welcoming academics, designers, researchers, and practitioners with a background the fields of design, education, and innovation towards creating, shaping, incubating playful learning models, tools, technologies, experiences, processes, and outcomes.
- Digital games and toys
- Playful designs
- Theoretical frameworks
- Innovation in design and learning
- Design, education, and innovation for specific purposes
- New trends in formal and informal learning practices
- Emerging tools and technologies in design, education, and innovation
All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world’s largest scientific libraries. Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: EI, ISI Thomson’s Scientific and Technical Proceedings at Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL). Selected papers may be invited to publish in the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Creative Technologies.
Special Track specifications:
- Digital Game-Based Learning. Accepted Authors will be invited to submit an extended version of their work to a Special Issue in the International Journal Designs for Learning.
- Learning Technologies in Special Education and Inclusion. Accepted Authors may submit an extended version of their work to EURODL (European Journal of Open, Distance, and E-Learning).
- Bridging the GAP between Researchers and Practitioners in Child-Computer Interaction. Accepted Authors will be invited to submit an extended version of their work to a Special Issue of the International Journal of Child-Computer Interaction.
Full Paper Submission Deadline: 23 June 2017
Notification and Registration opens: 10 July 2017
Camera-ready deadline: 18 August 2017
Find more details about the conference here.