The 5th EAI International Conference: ArtsIT, Interactivity & Game Creation (ArtsIT 2016) will take place in Esbjerg, Denmark on 2-4 May, 2016 at the Esbjerg campus of Aalborg University.
ArtsIT continues to be a leading scientific forum for dissemination of cutting-edge research results in the area of Arts, Design & Technology. The conference represents a valuable opportunity for researchers, artists and industry members both to showcase new ideas that will shape the future of Art and Technology, and to gain insights into the innovative techniques and trans-disciplinary activities that are making strong impacts both on the world of Arts and on society at large. ArtsIT 2016 will be co-located with the 1st EAI International Conference on Design, Learning & Innovation (DLI 2016).
The conference welcomes papers in these topics of interest:
- Games, Interactivity;
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality;
- Interactive Art (innovative interactive installations);
- Augmented Performing Arts (innovative performances and shows enhanced by ICT technologies), Augmented Reality applications in art and design;
- Information visualization;
- Big Data;
- Applications and interfaces for Mobile Devices;
- Virtual worlds, Metaverse, Avatars and Presence;
- Image Processing;
- Digital Photography;
- Audio Art, Sound Design;
- New Media Technologies;
- Corporeal Art/Design Systems (sensors, wearable computing, motion tracking etc.) Generative/Aleatoric Systems;
- Media Archeology;
- Virtual Museums and Curatorial Practices;
- Theoretical Studies and research output that resides at the intersection of the fields of art, design and technology.
Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL). Selected authors will be invited to publish their texts in the International Journal of Arts & Technology (Inderscience) and Metaverse Creativity, a peer reviewed academic journal published by Intellect, UK and in the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Creative Technologies or the EAI Endorsed Transactions of Serious Games.
Paper submission deadline: January 6th, 2015
Acceptance Notification: January 15th, 2016
Camera-ready deadline: February 5th, 2016
Find more details about the conference, visit the official website.