The 1st EAI International Conference on Smart Grid Inspired Future Technologies (SmartGift 2016) will take place in Liverpool, Great Britain on 17-19 May, 2016.
SmartGift 2016 expects to address smart grid issues related to data sensing, data processing and data communications, including high-level ideology/methodology, concrete smart grid inspired data sensing/processing/networking technologies, smart grid system architecture, Quality-of-Service (QoS), energy-efficiency, and fault tolerance in smart grid systems, management of smart grid systems, service engineering and algorithm design, and real-world deployment experiences. This conference will also serve as a stimulus to educate about, promote and accelerate technological evolution toward smart grid.
Specifically, the conference is soliciting original research articles that cover the following topics:
- Smart grid inspired data sensing technologies, modelling, algorithms and systems including energy-efficient sensors and actuators for smart grids;
- Smart grid inspired data processing technologies, modelling, algorithms and systems;
- Smart grid inspired data communication and networking technologies, modelling, algorithms;
- Hybridization of the above three individual key aspects. e.g., convergence of data sensing with data pre-processing, cross-layer design of data processing together with stream data transmission in smart grid systems, etc;
- Smart metering and advanced measurement infrastructure;
- Demand response management (DRM);
- Energy-efficient smart grid systems;
- Quality of Service assurance in smart grid systems;
- Cyber security and privacy;
- Reliability, robustness, fault-tolerance, and self-healing;
- Smart grid system management and adaptation;
- Application-layer service engineering for smart grids;
- Testing and evaluation tools;
- Optical communications and networking in smart grids;
- Prototype systems and real-world deployment experiences.
Paper submission deadline: November 19th, 2015
Acceptance Notification: January 3rd, 2016
Camera-ready deadline: February 17th, 2016
Find more details here.