The 1st EAI International Conference on Smart Cities and Future Internet (SCiFI 2016) will take place in Puebla, Mexico on 25-27 May, 2016 and it will be co-located with AFI360 Summit.
The central theme of the conference are Smart Cities from the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) point of view. In this context, a Smart City is a city that takes advantage of this technology in order to improve resource management, and citizen’s quality of life and participation. All this with respect for the environment and sustainable development. Smart Cities are a key subject for the development of the cities and an important challenge of our current time. In contrast with the previous century, nowadays most of the people live in a city. The growth of cities is worrisome, that is why, Smart Cities are a priority issue amongst governments and private companies, an issue that is far from being a fad.
The conference is an excellent space to known and present important contributions on the subject of Smart Cities as well as a great opportunity for networking and it will be co-chaired by Prof. Juan-Manuel Ahuactzin (T-Systems, Mexico) and Prof. Adriana Tapus (ENSTA ParisTech).
SCiFI 2016 welcomes papers about these topics of interest:
- Energy (Smart city lighting, submetering, smarthome, etc.)
- Sustainable mobility (Smart parking, traffic management, electric cars, smart vehicles, etc.)
- Environment and urban space (Air quality, noise reduction, smart waste collection, smart water, etc.)
- Public services (Public security, urban resilience, e-government, citizens participation, education, etc.)
- Buildings and homes (Efficient buildings and homes)
- Economic and sustainable development (e-commerce, social shopping, leisure and tourism, etc.).
Accepted papers will be published in the SCIFI 2016 Conference Proceedings and by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes of ICST (LNICST). Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL). Best Papers will be considered for publication in the ACM/Springer Mobile Networks and Applications Journal (MONET). Selected papers will be invited for publication in the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Future Internet.
Full Paper Submission deadline: 15 December, 2015
Notification deadline: 25 February, 2016
Camera-ready deadline: 25 March, 2016
For more information, visit the official website of the conference.