AFRICOMM 2016, the 8th EAI International Conference on e-Infrastructure and e-Services for Developing Countries, will take place in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso on December 6-8, 2016.
Participants in the Conference will have the possibility to discuss issues and trends, recent research, innovation advances and on-the-field experiences related to e-Governance, e-Infrastructure, and e-Business with a focus on developing countries.
Topics of interest to the Conference include:
- Cloud computing, network function virtualization (NFV) in the context of developing countries;
- Design and analysis of protocols and architecture for developing countries;
- Energy-aware ICT infrastructure;
- Existing/emerging wireless broadband access technologies, WiMAX, LTE.;
- ICT security issues in developing countries;
- Overlay networks (such as p2p, bittorent, etc) in developing countries;
- Self-managed deployment, operation, maintenance;
- Affordable and relevant mobile technologies and solutions;
- ICT infrastructures for critical environmental conditions;
- ICT infrastructures based on alternative energies;
- Applications and business models in such environments, etc;
- Ubiquitous networks and environments;
- Smart Objects;
- Social Networks and e-Government;
- Emergency and Disaster Management.
Furthermore, 3 workshops will be included in the Conference: CRIISDC 2016 – Creativity and Innovation in Information Systems in the Developing Countries Workshop, Mine4Dev – 2nd African Workshop on Open Data and Social Media Mining for Development and WAZIUP – First Workshop on IoT and Big-data Technology Innovation in Africa.
Africomm 2016 is proud to present Prof. Dr. Mirjam van Reisen (Leiden University) as a keynote speaker.
CLICK HERE to see the final program of the conference!
Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL). Selected papers will be invited to submit extended version to the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Future Internet.
Submission for Main Track is now closed. Submit you paper into open tracks (until 2nd October 2016):
Registration for AFRICOMM 2016 is OPEN! REGISTER HERE!
If you need any further information about AFRICOMM 2016, visit the conference official website.