MobilWare 2016, the 7th EAI International Conference on MOBILe Wireless MiddleWARE, Operating Systems and Applications, will take place in Naples, Italy on December 13-14, 2016.
MobilWare is dedicated to addressing emerging topics and challenges in various mobile wireless software-related areas. The scope of the conference is the design, implementation, deployment, and evaluation of middleware, operating systems, and applications for computing and communications in mobile wireless systems.
MobilWare 2016 welcomes researches on the following topics of interest:
- New middleware concepts for mobile devices;
- Mobile middleware enabling machine-to-machine communication;
- Mobile crowdsourcing and people-centric collaborative sensing;
- Big data and cloud computing scalable processing of mobile sensors-generated datastreams;
- Smart space/city middleware and applications;
- Middleware for mobile cloud computing (e.g., seamless offloading);
- Novel mechanisms, algorithms, middleware, and applications for wireless sensor networks, vehicular networks, and home networks;
- End-to-end architectures for seamless ubiquitous service provisioning and deployment;
- Synergic integration of heterogeneous wired and wireless networks;
- QoS awareness, adaptation, and fault-tolerance of mobile services;
- Opportunistic, delay-tolerant, and store-carry-forward techniques for mobile and wireless networking;
- Location/context-dependent support and services, also with Quality of Context awareness;
- Energy-efficient applications, services, and middleware;
- Mobility and handoff management;
- Human-computer interface and portable 3D graphics for mobile devices;
- Modeling, simulation, and performance evaluation of mobile wireless systems and services;
- Trustworthiness, security, and privacy of mobile and wireless systems;
- Thin client technologies, Mobile Web APIs, BONDI, WAC, HTML5;
- Impact of IMS, RCS, RCS-e, EPC and LTE on the evolution of mobile middleware.
Proposals for workshops are invited for affiliation with MobilWare 2016. The purpose of these workshops is to provide a platform for presenting novel ideas in a less formal and possibly more focused way than the conference itself. They also offer a good opportunity for young researchers to present their work and to obtain feedback from an interested community.
The MobilWare Industry track provides practitioners and contributors from the industry and academia with an opportunity to publish experience reports of potential interest to the researcher and practitioner communities.
Keynote speakers of the Conference will be: Prof. Assaf Schuster (Technion – Israel Institute of Technology), with the speech ‘Monitoring Big, Distributed, Streaming Data‘ and Prof. Franco Zambonelli (University of Modena and Reggio Emilia), with the speech ‘Mobility Coordination in Urban-scale Socio-Technical Systems‘.
All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world’s largest scientific libraries. Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL). Selected papers will be invited to submit extended version of paper into following journals: EAI Endorsed Transactions on Future Internet, EAI Endorsed Transactions on Context-aware Systems and Applications and EAI Endorsed Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications. Authors of the top ranked papers will be invited to submit extended version into Journal of Internet Services and Applications.
Workshops proposal Deadline: 1st May, 2016
Full Paper Submission Deadline: 26th June, 2016
Notification and Registration: 24th July, 2016
Camera-ready Deadline: 2nd October, 2016
For more information about MobilWare 2016, visit the conference official website.