ICDF2C 2016, the 8th EAI International Conference on Digital Forensics & Cyber Crime, will take place in New York City, USA on 28-30 September, 2016.
The field of digital forensics and cybercrime investigation has become very important for law enforcement, national security, and information assurance. This is a multidisciplinary area that encompasses law, computer science, finance, telecommunications, data analytics, and policing. This conference brings together practitioners and researchers from diverse fields providing opportunities for business and intellectual engagement among attendees.
This year, ICDF2C 2016 wants to embrace two themes: Usage and implications of machine learning in digital forensic and Big data and digital forensics. Authors are encouraged to submit papers relating to these themes and also to the following topics of interest:
- Anti Forensics and Anti-Anti Forensics;
- Big Data and Digital Forensics;
- Business Applications of Digital Forensics;
- Civil Litigation Support;
- Cloud Forensics;
- Cyber Crime Investigations;
- Data hiding and steganography;
- Database Forensics;
- Digital Forensic Science;
- Incident Response;
- Information Warfare & Critical Infrastructure Protection;
- Law Enforcement and Digital Forensics;
- Machine learning and Digital Forensics;
- Malware & Botnets;
- Mobile / Handheld Device & Multimedia Forensics;
- Money Laundering;
- Network forensics;
- New chip-off techniques;
- Novel Digital Forensics Training programs
- Online Fraud.
To see more topics, click here.
ICDF2C 2016 will also host a keynote speech given by Prof. Nasir Memon (NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering).
Research papers will be published in the Journal of Digital Forensics, Security and Law (JDFSL). Accepted papers will be published in a special issue of the Journal of Digital Forensics, Security and Law. The program committee may designate up to three papers accepted to the conference as ICDF2C Best Papers. Every submission (full research paper) is automatically eligible for this award.
Full Paper Submission Deadline: 13th April, 2016
Notification Deadline: 1st July, 2016
Camera-ready Deadline: 1st August, 2016
For more information about ICDF2C 2016, visit the conference official website.