The 1st EAI International Conference on Games fOr WELL-being will take place in Budapest, Hungary on June 14th-16th, 2016.
In recent years, applied gaming approaces, gamification techniques, game-related technologies and devices for health and wellbeing management and recovery increased their relevance. The EAI Games fOr WELL-being conference has been created to present the latest emerging applications for improving the quality of everybody’s personal experience and promoting adaptive behaviors and positive functioning. The conference will also be co-located with eHealth360 Summit.
GOWELL invites presentations about the use of Virtual Reality, Augmented and Mixed Reality, Virtual Environments, Games for Health, Applied Games, Mobile Health and other emerging applications. Autors are encouraged to cover the following topics of interest:
- Applied Games for health awareness and/or improvement;
- Game applications for better lifestyle or well-being;
- Game design techniques and solutions for healthcare environments;
- Games’ devices/technology applied to medical treatments or prevention;
- Gamification of healthcare processes;
- Well-being interventions including affective strategies supported by technologies;
- Information technologies to support patient’s engagement in healthcare;
- Positive Gaming;
- Stress management and new technologies;
- Integrating technologies to support student’s engagement in learning process;
- Technologies enhancing Social Well-being;
- Technology for active aging and healthy living;
- Integrating technology in self-help interventions.
Paper submission deadline: February 14th, 2016
Acceptance Notification: March 31st, 2016
Camera-ready deadline: April 29th, 2016
Find more details on the conference website.