Participate in SIMUTOOLS 2016! The 9th International Conference on Simulation Tools and Techniques will take place in Prague, Czech Republic on August 22–23, 2016.
SIMUTools 2016 will focus on a broad range of research challenges in the field of simulation, modelling and analysis, addressing current and future trends in simulation techniques, models, practices and software. This year’s edition is dedicated to fostering interdisciplinary collaborative research in these areas and across a wide spectrum of application domains. Built on the success of the previous seven editions, 2016 edition will provide an exciting forum for interaction among academic and industry researchers together with practitioners from both the simulation community and the different user communities.
Keynote speaker of the event will be Prof. Peter Sloot (University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands), with the talk ‘SimCity: Contagion, Crime, Sex and Drugs‘.
This editions’ general topics of interest include:
- Simulation methods: discrete event, parallel and distributed simulation, time synchronization, load balancing and migration, model partitioning, hybrid simulation, simulation-interoperation, multi-resolution and multi-scale simulation;
- Simulation techniques: service-oriented, agent-based, web-based, component-based, symbiotic simulation;
- Simulation software: environments, tools, libraries, and frameworks;
- Simulation performance: GPU-based simulation, simulation in the cloud, scalability, performance analysis;
- Modeling formalisms: DEVS, Petri Nets, process algebras, state charts, and others;
- Simulation verification, validation, accreditation, and analysis: benchmark models, simulation-based verification, workflows, simulation experiment design, and optimization;
- Simulation packages: widely used frameworks such as Modelica, ns-2/3, OPNET, Qualnet, OMNET++, and other open source software for modeling and simulation.
SIMUTools 2016 will also present the 2nd Workshop on VRtools for Education/Training (VRtoolsEd 2016), which will address the current and future trends in VR hardware, techniques and practices in different application domains (automotive industry, medicine, education etc.).
If you want to know more about the conference, click here.