The 3rd EAI International Conference on Software Defined Wireless Networks and Cognitive Technologies for IoT (Coiote 2016) will take place in Covilhã, Portugal on October 26-27, 2016.
Recent studies and reports have evinced that the Internet of Things will have a huge impact on our society. Conservative estimates predict there will be 50 billion of connected devices by 2020. Besides connecting real-time such numbers of objects, managing them and the data they generate will also pose challenges whether each of these produce no more than few bytes per minute in a very remote location or heavy data-streams within the heart of “resource rich” smart cities. Simply looking at the sheer size of these numbers, it is clear that competing for end-user attention will be the main hurdle to overcome.
Topics of interest to the conference are:
- Model-Driven Software Engineering (MDSE) for cognitive IoT applications;
- Nanotechnology and biotechnology for the IoT (e.g., Bio/nano sensors);
- Multi-Agent Systems (MAS);
- Knowledge representation in IoT;
- Decision making strategies in IoT, data fusion;
- Learning under IoT constraints;
- Pattern recognition in IoT;
- Biometrics for the IoT;
- Individual and social behavior analysis through IoT sensing mechanisms;
- Context aware data management;
- Environmental monitoring, network surveillance;
- Transfer learning, information-theoretic learning;
- Bio-inspired intelligence, neural networks for IoT;
- Deep learning for IoT.
The Conference will also held a Special Session ‘Affordances in the Internet of Things’ (AIoT), which aim of AIoT is twofold: to stimulate the debate on Knowledge Representation strategies where aspects like subjectivity, time, roles, and context play some crucial role within the modeling of an IoT system; to generate insights on the physical nature of the “things” in the IoT, which open new challenges for human-computer interaction.
All accepted papers will be submitted for publication in Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world’s largest scientific libraries. Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: Elsevier (EI), Thomson Scientific (ISI), Scopus, Crossref, Google Scholar, DBLP. The authors of the best papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their work through one of the following EAI endorsed publications: EAI Endorsed Transactions on Industrial Networks and Intelligent Systems.
Full Paper Submission Deadline: 17th May, 2016
Notification and Registration: 12th June, 2016
Camera-ready Deadline: 5th August, 2016
If you need further information about Coiote 2016, visit the conference official website.