The 8th EAI International Conference on e-Infrastructure and e-Services for Developing Countries (AFRICOMM 2016), will take place in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso on December 6-8, 2016.
At AFRICOMM 2016, participants will have the possibility to discuss issues and trends, recent research, innovation advances and on-the-field experiences related to e-Governance, e-Infrastructure, and e-Business with a focus on developing countries.
AFRICOMM 2016 solicits high-quality papers reporting research results and/or experimental results on the following topics of interest:
- Cloud computing, network function virtualization (NFV) in the context of developing countries;
- Design and analysis of protocols and architecture for developing countries;
- Energy-aware ICT infrastructure;
- Existing/emerging wireless broadband access technologies, WiMAX, LTE.;
- ICT security issues in developing countries;
- Overlay networks (such as p2p, bittorent, etc) in developing countries;
- Self-managed deployment, operation, maintenance;
- Affordable and relevant mobile technologies and solutions;
- ICT infrastructures for critical environmental conditions;
- ICT infrastructures based on alternative energies;
- Applications and business models in such environments, etc;
- Ubiquitous networks and environments;
- Smart Objects;
- Social Networks and e-Government;
- Emergency and Disaster Management.
Furthermore, CRIISDC 2016 – Creativity and Innovation in Information Systems in the Developing Countries Workshop will be included in the Conference.
Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL). Selected papers will be invited to submit extended version to the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Future Internet.
Full Paper Submission Deadline: 26th June, 2016
Notification and Registration: 24th July, 2016
Camera-ready Deadline: 2nd October, 2016
If you need further information about AFRICOMM 2016, visit the conference official website.