AFRICOMM 2017, the 9th EAI International Conference on e-Infrastructure and e-Services for Developing Countries, will take place in Lagos, Nigeria on December 11-12, 2017.
Participants in the Conference will have the possibility to discuss issues and trends, recent research, innovation advances and on-the-field experiences related to e-Governance, e-Infrastructure, and e-Business with a focus on developing countries.
Topics of interest to the Conference include:
- Cloud computing, network function virtualization (NFV) in the context of developing countries;
- Design and analysis of protocols and architecture for developing countries;
- Energy-aware ICT infrastructure;
- Existing/emerging wireless broadband access technologies, WiMAX, LTE.;
- ICT security issues in developing countries;
- Overlay networks (such as p2p, bit torrent, etc.) in developing countries;
- Self-managed deployment, operation, maintenance;
- Affordable and relevant mobile technologies and solutions;
- ICT infrastructures for critical environmental conditions;
- ICT infrastructures based on alternative energies;
- Applications and business models in such environments, etc.;
- Ubiquitous networks and environments;
- Smart Objects;
- Social Networks and e-Government;
- Emergency and Disaster Management.
Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL). Selected papers will be invited to submit the extended version to the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Future Internet.
Submission deadline: 24 July 2017
Notification and Registration opens: 11 September 2017
Short, poster and demo paper submission deadline: 17 September 2017
Notification of acceptance for short, poster and demo papers deadline: 1 October 2017
Camera-ready Deadline: 30 October 2017
If you need any further information about AFRICOMM 2017, visit the conference official website.