The 7th International Conference on e-Infrastructure and e-Services for Developing Countries (AFRICOMM 2015) will take place in Cotonou, Benin, on December 15-16, 2015.
Deploying efficient and effective infrastructures and solutions when limited resources are available is a challenging task, and key for the diffusion of ICT in developing countries. The aim of this conference is bringing together international researchers, students, public officers, policy makers and practitioners in ICT to discuss issues and trends, recent research, innovation advances and on-the-field experiences related to e-Governance, e-Infrastructure, and e-Business with a focus on developing countries.
Topics of interest to the conference include:
- Cloud computing, network function virtualization (NFV) in the context of developing countries;
- Design and analysis of protocols and architecture for developing countries;
- Energy-aware ICT infrastructure;
- Existing/emerging wireless broadband access technologies, WiMAX, LTE;
- ICT security issues in developing countries;
- Overlay networks (such as p2p, bittorent, etc) in developing countries;
- Self-managed deployment, operation, maintenance;
- Affordable and relevant mobile technologies and solutions;
- ICT infrastructures for critical environmental conditions;
- ICT infrastructures based on alternative energies;
- Applications and business models in such environments, etc;
- Ubiquitous networks and environments;
- Smart Objects;
- Social Networks and e-Government;
- Emergency and Disaster Management.
The AFRICOMM 2015 Conference will host a limited number of workshops on dedicated session topics. The aim of these workshops is to discuss work in progress and explore opportunities for new research related to a topic of interest within the context of the conference.
The proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL). Selected papers will be invited to publish in the EAI Endorsed Transactions on e-Business.
Full paper submission deadline: July 31st, 2015
Notification and registration opens: September 30th, 2015
Camera-ready deadline: October 15th, 2015
For more info about the conference, click here.