The FI-ADOPT accelerator for SMEs & Startups in Europe in the fields of Learning/Training, Healthy Behavior Shaping and Social Integration is an EU project that aims to promote the use and adoption of the EU FP7 Future Internet-Public Private Partnership platform through the FIWARE technologies and assets.
- To promote the use, adoption and take up of the European Commission’s FI-PPP Core Platform, the FI-WARE (fi-ware.org) technologies and assets
- To support SME’s and entrepreneurs in developing highly innovative applications extensively adopting the “Future Internet Public Private Partnership” (FI-PPP) assets.
- To adopt the valuable results (the “FI-PPP children”) of all the projects of FI-PPP phase 1 and 2 to accelerate the internet-enabled innovation in Europe, extend and deliver them to the society at large in a sustainable manner.
The FI-ADOPT consortium is a combined partnership, comprising partners with complementary roles that are committed to meet the FI-ADOPT objectives and cover the call requirements in terms of coordinator expertise and financial viability, consortium partners’ expertise, companies’ types and geographical distribution to meet all EC criteria.
The activities in consortium are divided between partners: technical mentoring and support (Atos, UPM), business mentoring and support (EAI, PLAYGEN, Europe Unlimited), organizational support (EMC2, Synelixis Solutions Ltd) and is curated by INTRASOFT International S.A.
FI-ADOPT will provide financial, technological and business/market uptake support to European SMEs and web entrepreneurs to develop highly innovative applications based on the FIWARE Platform in the areas of:
- Corporate and citizen’s learning/training,
- Healthy behavior shaping and and wellbeing shaping
- Social cultural integration (social integration purposes employing rich media, social networking, and/or mobile apps and/or gaming principles extensively adopting the FI-PPP assets.
FI ADOPT will launch three open calls and give access to a total grant of 4.240.000 EUROs. The overall financial contribution for each selected project will be between 50.000 and 150.000 EUROs.
Selected participants will get access to various events organized by FI-ADOPT partners offering free pitching & networking opportunities, will receive discounts for online services to facilitate preparation of different collaterals, applications for patents and other services.
The role of EAI in the project
EAI plays an important role in providing:
- 4 weeks online idea incubation
- 12 weeks online acceleration programs,
- Virtual learning and networking platform offering participants services of mentors and experts from its community.
FI-ADOPT Open Call submission deadline: April 30, 2015
Find out more about the FI-ADOPT Project on http://fiadopt-project.eu/