4S4D 2017 – 1st EAI Conference on SmartCities and Smart Solutions for Sustainable Development will take place in Accra, Ghana on 6–7 September 2017.
This conference aims to bring together researchers from industry and academia to discuss critical problems and promising directions for energy, computer, telecommunication, mobile application systems in Africa.
The topics of interest for this conference include:
- Energy as a Grand Challenge in Africa,
- Critical needs, potential solutions,
- Relevant technologies,
- Cross-cutting fundamentals,
- The African Context for Innovation in Systems,
- Implications of the lack of legacy systems,
- Infrastructure for R&D status and needs,
- Relevance of current and future demographics,
- Market drivers,
- Developing a Research Ecosystem for Energy Systems in Africa,
- Models for effective collaboration,
- Capacity status and efficient development,
- Models for viable and sustainable funding.
Interested in the conference topics? Do not miss a chance to read the interview with prof. McBagonluri! We are pleased to announce 4S4D keynote speaker Prof. Syed Zain Khan (Professor of the Practice of ICT).
All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world’s largest scientific libraries. Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: Elsevier (EI), Thomson Scientific (ISI), Scopus, Crossref, Google Scholar, DBLP. Authors of the Best Papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their work through one of the EAI Endorsed Publications.
Full Paper Submission deadline: 30 April 2017
Notification deadline: 31 May 2017
Camera-ready deadline: 30 June 2017